Housing Connector Introduction
Time & Location
About the Event
Housing Connector a B2B non-profit partnering with properties and case managers to reduce barriers and increase access to housing for folks experiencing homelessness. Housing Connector has created a new marketplace, in partnership with Zillow, where landlords can advertise vacant units in real time and case managers can search for homes that not only match their clients’ preferences but also have waived barriers. Through this model Housing Connector not only increase the speed of move ins, but also makes mechanisms of housing discrimination obsolete by pre-negotiating screening criteria. The results are more people getting housed and staying housed.
The model has been tested in the Seattle region over the past 20 months and has seen 1,800 people housed and 750 properties joining the partnership. This significantly expanded case manager and client access to affordable units.
Expansion into Denver:
Given the growing need for affordable rental housing, MDHI and Housing First Lab have been in conversation with Housing Connector to bring this resource to the Denver Metro area. We are excited to share that Housing Connector and Zillow agree that this solution would be a huge value add in increasing access to housing for our community and plan to launch operations in Q4 of 2021.
Over the next few weeks MDHI will be connecting Housing Connector with various service providers in the community to share this model and attend a virtual demonstration by Housing Connector scheduled for July 15 at 11:00 am MT.
Benefits of Housing Connector include:
- Zillow hosted search engine for case managers
- Access to reduced screening criteria for folks experiencing homelessness
- Customer support to address lease violations
- 24-months of eviction prevention support to maintain housing stability
Impact by the Numbers
· 1,800 people housed (67% individuals of color)
· 750 property partners accounting for 35,381 units
· 74 participating service providers
· 1 eviction (0.14% of total households)
· 96% successful retention rate
- Community Partner$0$00$0